As recommended by the Croatian Association of Translation Agencies
Via written orders, the Client may order services of translation as well as any other possible services offered by the Contractor.
By every particular individual orders, the Client and the Company enter into a binding agreement which is being covered by the following terms and conditions:
1. The Contractor obliges to perform text translations from foreign into the required language that is, from required language into a foreign language, and other services mentioned in the order within the agreed deadline. The use of translation should be stated clearly (information only, advertising, legal purposes, any other purpose). If that condition is not followed, the Company shall execute the translation to the best of its knowledge and determine the charge accordingly.
2. The Contractor commits to perform translation activities professionally and in accordance with the rules of the profession. Possible imperfections in the translation which can be attributed to the Contractor must be removed by the provider of the services as soon as possible.
3. The Client assumes the obligation to, upon Contractor’s request and for the purpose of achieving the best possible quality translation; ensure additional documentation, as well as to appoint an expert person for consultation.
4. The Client obliges to pay the price for each performed service according to the previously stated provisional offer or against the invoice sent, within 30 days from the day of receiving the invoice for the service performed and accepted by the Client, to the Contractor’s business account number.
5. The Contractor obliges to announce each possible change in service price at least 30 days before the new price comes into force so that the Client would have enough time to give his opinion on such change.
6. The Client will state his delivery requirements when sending an inquiry and the Company will make every reasonable effort to meet his requirements. In case of a Company failing to supply a translation at the agreed time, the Client will be entitled to a refund of all or a part of the agreed charge. In case the translation would, under the above mentioned conditions, be unacceptable, the Client will sign a confirmation on the non-use of translation.
7. All information and data which the Client has made available to the Company for the purpose of performance of the services herefrom, shall be considered confidential. The confidential data shall not be used for any other purpose except the purpose of translation.
8. Contracting parties shall not be liable for failures to perform any obligation from this Agreement, if such inability to perform is the consequence of occurrence of force majeure – an event beyond the control of contracting parties and independent of their will, which directly affects the performance of the obligations from this Agreement, which did not occur due to negligent conduct, and which could not have been anticipated or avoided. Force majeure includes, but is not limited to, natural disasters, states of war, strike, embargo, restrictions.
9. The Company and the Client agree on the responsibility of the competent court in Zagreb.