To join CATA, you must accept and comply with the provisions of this Code of Ethics. The Ethics Committee shall monitor the observance of the principles and provisions of the Code of Ethics, the Articles of Association and other by-laws binding to the members of CATA. If the professional standards and principles of the Code of Ethics or the Articles of Association of CATA have been violated, the Ethics Committee shall initiate and carry out the appropriate procedure. If the Ethics Committee decides on disciplinary action of expelling a member of CATA, it shall notify the Steering Committee thereof. The Steering Committee shall decide on the expulsion of the member
1. The members of CATA are expected to meet all their obligations towards clients, competing agencies, their own employees and suppliers in a responsible, conscientious and ethical manner, and to follow the principles of objectivity, impartiality, prudence, kindness, and social sensitivity in their work. Members shall uphold the standards of expertise and excellence and strive to achieve continuous professional development within the professional environment.
2. All members of CATA shall maintain and promote cooperation in professional relationships and strive to maintain an efficient exchange of knowledge and ideas aiming at increasing awareness in relation to the translation industry and at reducing operating losses wherever possible.
3. All members of CATA are expected to work in accordance with common goals and participate in the activities of CATA that will not create a conflict of interest or harm their own business.
4. All members of CATA shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to their obligations as members of CATA. CATA shall have the obligation to provide the conditions allowing the members to become acquainted with all the relevant rules pertaining to their obligations. All members of CATA shall have the possibility to ensure fair and equal implementation of complaint procedures and equal status in the process of assessing violations of the Code of Ethics.
5. The members of CATA shall pay special attention to the quality of the delivered translated materials. It is of utmost importance to hire only professional and qualified translators and interpreters.
6. The members of CATA shall especially check the final translated material prior to its delivery to the end-user.
7. The members of CATA are recommended to offer their services in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions recommended by CATA.
8. The members of CATA are recommended to obtain a professional liability insurance policy that will cover the possible omissions and errors related to translations
9. The members of CATA shall maintain a partnership with current and former clients and shall not in any manner disclose or use information obtained in this period at the expense of such clients or for their own financial benefit
10. The members of CATA may not make public comments on the work of other translation agencies related to the quality of translations for the purpose of obtaining a job
11. The members of CATA shall have the general obligation of fair professional conduct towards the existing professional and former clients, other members of CATA, other members of the translation profession and the public
12. The members of CATA shall not cite false or unverified facts in their promotional material
13. The members of CATA shall not perform actions that could harm the reputation or the interests of CATA
14. The members of CATA agree that in the event of dispute between the clients and members of CATA, the decisions shall be the responsibility of the competent court in Zagreb
15. The members of CATA shall conduct their business in a financially responsible manner