Why should you become a member
The membership and active participation in the development of CATA includes the following:
• implementation and harmonization of common interests and rights of members
• promotion and support of the development of members of CATA with the purpose of improving their business and providing consulting services
• keeping a list of members of CATA which shall be made publicly available through a web interface, including detailed information on the types of services they provide
• possibility of exchanging opinions and experiences related to the profession with other members and cooperation on raising awareness on the problems of the profession
• access to information and news related to the profession
• possibility of making business contacts
Any legal entity or an organization entered in the Court Registry or another legal entity registry in the territory of the Republic of Croatian may become a member if such legal entity or organization:
• performs translation activities (written or oral) as its main activity
• agrees with the program and general provisions of CATA
• agrees with the Articles of Association of CATA and the related documentation
• submits a certificate of no debt issued by the competent tax administration
• submits a certificate of no punishment of the legal entity
• employs at least one full-time employee and if one of its full-time employees is a qualified translator
• pays the agreed amount of the membership fee by the due date
• offers its services in accordance with the proposed Terms and Conditions
• A Candidate who wishes to become a regular member of CATA must enclose evidence that it has worked in agency translation for at least three (3) calendar years, as well as at least three (3) references to corroborate this information.
• A Candidate who wishes to become an associate member of CATA must enclose evidence that it has worked in agency translation for at least one (1) calendar year, as well as at least three (3) references to corroborate this information. Associate membership in CATA shall be limited to a maximum of two (2) calendar years, after which the associate member may become a regular member or may be excluded from CATA.
Applying for membership
1) The Candidate submits a written application to the address of CATA (email@example.com). A written application shall contain information about the legal entity and a signed statement saying that the candidate meets all the requirements stipulated in the Ordinance on Membership. The application must state whether it is being made for Regular or Associate membership.
2) The Candidate must submit an Excerpt from the Court Registry or another legal entity registry not older than 3 months and an application for membership.
3) The Candidate shall receive the right to membership at the moment its application is granted. The Steering Committee shall inform the members of the application for membership. If no member raises an objection to receiving the Candidate in CATA within 15 days from the receipt of the notice, the application for membership shall be submitted for consideration.
4) The Candidate shall become a member of CATA based on the decision of the Steering Committee of CATA following the selection process. The Candidate shall be notified about the decision of the Steering Committee by e-mail, no later than 30 days as of the application for membership.
5) Membership in CATA shall begin on the day the membership fee is paid. The amount of the membership fee for regular members is HRK 1000, and for associate members HRK 500. Membership shall be extended on an annual basis, each 01 June. If a member decides to terminate its membership, it must notify CATA thereof no later than a month prior to the end of CATA’s financial year. If no such notice is received, it shall be deemed that the member agrees to have the money order sent at the beginning of the new financial year.
The amount shall be paid to business account (IBAN): HR9724020061100659416 pursuant to the money order.
If its membership application is rejected, the Candidate may re-apply after one (1) calendar year.
6) After being admitted, CATA shall issue the new member a Certificate of Membership.
• Signed statement on meeting the provisions of the Ordinance on Membership
• proof of performing translation activities for three (3) or one (1) year
• references (3x)
• Certificate of no punishment of the legal entity
• Certificate of no debt issued by the tax administration
• Excerpt from the Court Registry or other legal entity registry
All documents must be sent in PDF form to (to be added)